RTB - Real Time Bidding Advertising System Benefits to Advertiser and Publisher, RTB is a style of programmatic buying in which digital advertising opportunities are auctioned off in real-time. It should allow ad buyers to take full advantage of mobile's virtues — the ability to target potential customers according to demographics, location, and context. RTB should help sellers effectively monetize the huge, and growing, mobile audience.
- Allows advertisers to stop wasting media spend,
- Allows advertisers to see exactly where the impressions were served,
- Advertisers are increasingly seeing brand market ,
- Advertisers can pay CPM privately,
- Advertisers are now increasingly seeing the potential brand campaign,
- Advertise directly to Publishers,
- Both publishers and advertisers continue to reap directly adopted globally,
Digital advertising what high-frequency trading is to Wall Street. It involves computerized, algorithm-driven trading that allows for quick buying of ad impressions according to pre-set parameters. On the desktop, programmatic or automated buying of display ads has already made huge inroads. Its advocates say that it has led to a more transparent and efficient digital ad market. But it is in mobile where programmatic buying may make the most difference. That's because smartphones are advertising platforms that we carry in our pockets, and with RTB that means marketers can reach us in real-time, and target potential customers according to location and context. In a recent report from BI Intelligence on real time bidding (RTB), we analyze how it may help solve the mobile advertising CPM problem, detail its recent impact and successes on ad buyers and sellers, examine the potential obstacles to its widespread adoption, and look at how the holy grail of mobile advertising — controls and efficiencies — may be reached through its use.